Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Rosary Mysteries for Holy Thursday

My admiration of the Rosary as a form of prayer is no secret. I use it on a daily basis. For most of the year I pray the Mysteries usually associated with a given day of the week (Joyful Mysteries on Monday & Saturday, Sorrowful on Tuesday & Friday, Glorious on Wednesday & Sunday, and Luminous on Thursday), but at special times of the year such as Christmas, Holy Week, and Easter, I like to use the Rosary to unpack and meditate upon these events more in depth. 

On my drive into work this morning I was thinking about the events of Holy Thursday and how we could use five decades of the Rosary to join Mary in uniting our hearts to Jesus’s on this night. I recommend stopping to read Scripture at the beginning of each Mystery and then softly praying the Hail Mary as you visualize and go over what you have read in your mind:

The Washing of the Apostles Feet – John 13:1-20
The Institution of the Eucharist – Luke 22:14-22
Jesus’s “High Priestly” Prayer – John 17:1-26
His prayer in the Garden of Gethsemane –  Mark 14:32-42
The arrival of Judas and Jesus’s arrest -  Luke 22:47-53

3 comments:

  1. I like this idea, Shane. I'll do that tomorrow in preparation for Holy Thursday Mass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! Thank you so much! God bless you and all who read this with a deeply blessed and joyful Easter, despite these difficult changing days. With love and gratitude Mandy (Western Australia - 9 April 2020)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this lovely Rosary for Holy Thursday. God bless you abundantly. I may be the only one, but as I struggle with the more old fashioned language, I actually had to change the version in Bible Gateway from the RSVCE over to the New Revised Standard Version (CE). However, the Scripture readings you chose were wonderful. Thank you again and a very happy and blessed Easter to you and all your loved ones. πŸ™πŸΌ❤️πŸ™πŸΌπŸ•Š

    ReplyDelete