Saturday, June 9, 2012

Corpus Christi Visitation

NO, not this kind of visitation - 
 








I was going for this one,
which is clearly far more awesome; God Himself was in Mary's womb!  And I love Elizabeth's reaction, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" (Lk.1:42-43)

So there's the Visitation part of my post, but where does Corpus Christi come in, the celebration of Christ's Body and Blood present in the Eucharist? Well, when you and I receive him in the Eucharist He comes into our bodies just as truly as He did the Blessed Mother's!  Take that in.  Throughout Mary's 75 mile journey to Elizabeth, she guarded and nurtured Jesus inside of her.  You and I are supposed to do the same!

And look at Elizabeth's reaction again.  Do we greet our friends at Mass with that kind of joy?!  They just received Jesus into themselves whole and entire in the Eucharist.  God Himself is dwelling inside of them!  So at Mass this weekend, when you hug those friends, try and have yourself a Corpus Christi Visitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment