Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Jesus, Living in Mary

Interior Of The Mezquita 
Cathedral Virgin Mary Icon
Right now I am going through what has become a yearly ritual - 33 days of preparatory exercises prior to renewing my consecration to Jesus (through Mary) on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.  St. Louis de Montfort crafted a series of reflections and recommended prayers to be used at different points in the exercises, and there is one that is absolutely perfect for all of us as we prepare for Christ's coming throughout the weeks of Advent.  I want to make it the prayer of my heart, and I thought you might too:
O Jesus living in Mary,
Come and live in Thy servants,
In the Spirit of Thy holiness,
In the fullness of Thy might,
In the truth of Thy virtues,
In the perfection of Thy ways,
In the communion of Thy mysteries,
Subdue every hostile power
In Thy Spirit, for the glory of the Father.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment