Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"Duh"

"Behold this Heart, which has loved men so much..."
-Jesus, in an apparition to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque (1675)

I've thought about Jesus' Heart quite a bit over the past year and a half, but I never really looked at it - thus the name of this post.

I finally did while praying the Rosary (the Sorrowful mysteries) on the way to work. I saw It in my mind's eye as a real human heart, bearing the wounds of the Passion: the bleeding gouge from the spear, the crown of thorns encircling and digging into it, and the Cross "planted" in its center. But I knew that this heart continued to beat, and was
on Fire, with Divine Love.

This heart beats - like yours, like mine. Suffering is not the last word - "Love" is. Suffering just brings It into stark relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment