Saturday, April 20, 2013

We Get ALL of Jesus

It's sometimes easy to "spiritualize" our Christian Faith and forget its fleshly reality.  What am I trying to say?  We can fall into talking and thinking about Jesus' divinity, almost to the exclusion of His humanity.  But listen to what Jesus communicates to us in the Eucharist - it is His entire reality:
My Flesh is real food, and my Blood is real drink ... Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me. (Jn.6:55-57)
Jesus imparts His whole life to us - divine and human.  We become partakers in His humanity.  We no longer have to live in this world with only our broken souls and weak wills.  Jesus gives us His own human soul and nourishes our bodies with His resurrected one.  And we're filled with divine life!

No comments:

Post a Comment